Sunday, February 24, 2008

I couldn’t be more excited! On Friday, I read in Penn’s student newspaper, The Daily Pennsylvanian, that Bill Clinton is coming to speak at Irvine Auditorium, which is on Penn’s campus. Tickets are FREE with a student ID, and are available for pickup tomorrow morning at 10:00 am. I will probably try to get there early to ensure I get a ticket! Tickets to these types of events tend to run out fast!

Even though I am a huge Bill Clinton fan, and I’m looking forward to hearing him talk, I don’t think he’s going to convince me to vote for Hillary Clinton in the Pennsylvania primary! I have been watching the democratic debates religiously on CNN, and so far, it looks like I will be voting for Obama. His speeches and rallies are so inspiring, and let’s face it, there isn’t much of a difference between him and Hilary when it comes to policy issues. I have to agree with one of the reporters I heard yesterday on the news – at this point in the game, issues of personality really start to matter!

The only thing I have left to do is register to vote, which I plan to do in the next few days. When I lived in Boston, my vote in the general election didn’t matter much, since obviously, Massachusetts is a HUGELY democratic state. Now, living in Pennsylvania, my vote actually matters! I’m really looking forward to getting into the election this year. GO OBAMA!